Plans for the Kitchen

Greetings and happy Friday. Big things are on the horizon here after a quiet summer thus far (I refuse to believe it's coming to close in a few weeks). The next largest expense next to buying my condo is the kitchen renovation, and let me tell you, this thing is officially ON!

I purchased all of my cabinets, the countertops and the sink during the tax free holiday earlier this month. It's been fun planning and re-planning over the past few months. There are so many things to think about and way too many options.

The kitchen won't be in for several weeks and there is a lot of demo (sans sledgehammers--I would like to either sell or donate my current cabinets) and DIY projects in the very near distance. I thought now was a good time to share what I've got planned for my 10' x 12' kitchen. Ready?


1. Possible fabric for the valance on kitchen window
2. Penny tile in Milk for the backsplash
3. Omega Dynasty shaker style (Manor) full-overlay cabinets in Pearl
4. Caesarstone countertops in London Grey
5. Ceiling light (left) and light over sink (right)
6. Oil rubbed bronze cup pulls
7. Glass and oil rubbed bronze knobs (likely something else less expense but similar look)
8. Delta Leland pull-down faucet possibly in Arctic Stainless
9. Red oak hardwood flooring
10. D-shaped stainless sink with grid

I'm a bit conflicted on the faucet color. I really like the classic look of chrome even more than the look of brushed nickel. Chrome is said to be timeless and that is appealing to me, but it can also come across as cold and really modern/industrial which is not my thing. I also like the look of oil rubbed bronze but that, as far as faucets go, was said to be a trend.

What are your thoughts on trends like these? Do you like polished chrome or brushed nickel? Keep all the metal fixtures the same or mix 'em up?

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment