Bathroom Reveal

Well, my friends, it's about time I finally show you how the full bathroom is looking these days. So much better than when I bought it, that's for sure!

Let's start with a quick walk down memory lane. This is how the party got started:


The bathroom floor had little 2x2 blah tiles, a vanity that was about 3 feet high (it hit me mid-thigh), a toilet that guzzled up, roughly, 3 gallons of water per flush and many other cosmetic issues. No bueno! This bathroom, as purchased, did not feel clean even though they had repainted it the standard builder-white color and scrubbed it clean. Everything was that awful off-white color that begged to be brightened.

I shared a mood board on how I envisioned this bathroom coming together.

And here she is in all her glory today! The paint color is Gray Lake by Benjamin Moore. It's such a beautiful, light, airy and refreshing color.


My dad put in all new trim around the doors and the window and also installed this beautiful ledge for the window. It's definitely a major step up from the drywall that was there before.

My first and foremost plan of action for this bathroom was fulfilling my dream of installing marble floors. You can see how I got that all figured out here. And this is a close up of the floors:


Funny story. As my dad and I were installing the floors we failed to look at the product were using when it was time to grout. We waited around a few minutes only to see that the grout wasn't drying like it should. Turns out we were using the product for actually laying and installing the tile, not grout, and so we scraped it all out and headed for Home Depot (and naturally upon returning home I realized I already had the grout). Fortunately we both found it humorous and did not have any hissy fits.

The toilet was replaced and now this guy only uses up 1.28 gpf and is a mighty flusher.

We installed the towel bar onto the vanity as I didn't want it to take up any wall space. We also changed out the outlets and covers! As small as they are, the white really makes a huge difference in comparison to the previously existing almondy-beige colored ones (which remain throughout the rest of my house).

To keep the space from getting too sterile, I decided on a dark colored vanity that is raised off the floor and exposes the marble beneath which helps it feel lighter visually. 


These hand towels are simple and yet beautiful. They add a nice softness to the space.


I installed this tile inlay in the shower before the full bathroom renovation. Once the bathroom had been renovated those white tiles started to look pretty bad and sad. Maybe someday I'll rip them out and put in more marble. 


This shower curtain is actually two curtain panels, as you can see in the image above. 


And here is the linen closet that I recently got into top-notch organizational shape using baskets and an over-the-door shoe organizer turned extra toiletry organizer.



---

I really love how it all came together though there is still some work to do. The walls are bare, so I am on the lookout for art to complete the space. I may also add built-in shelving to the right of the window.

Before we wrap up the reveal, here's a couple side-by-side views.



---



Anyone else struggling to cope with bathroom vanities that are easier to use kneeling on the floor? Got builder grade fixtures cramping your style? Recently renovate your bathroom?

- Looking for more paint colors in this family? Check out this and this. -
-Here's some information on choosing a paint color.-

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment