At Home: Bathroom Board

As the renovations in my full bathroom slowly progress, I wanted to share a board of all of the items that will be incorporated into this small, just under 5x8' space. 

I wanted to subtly bring in a coastal vibe since I'm close to the beach and I find it relaxing, so I decided to achieve this look through color and accessories. 


I haven't decided on the exact paint color for the walls, but I picked the two colors on the board based on their appearance online. After trial and error, I will definitely be purchasing samples of these two colors to be sure I like one of them before investing in a whole gallon. For curiosity's sake, I went ahead and purchased samples of Pewter Tray by Behr (a recommendation from a friend) and Lime Light by Glidden last night. After testing them out on two walls in the bathroom, I found that Pewter Tray was too dark for the look I am after and Lime Light looks too icy/baby blue.

For the hardware, I am mixing metals! The faucet is a polished nickel, the towel bar and toilet paper holder are an oil rubbed bronze, and the curved shower curtain rod (not shown) is dark oil rubbed bronze/black. I might keep the shower head, faucet, and dial (I may have just made this word up to describe the device that turns on the shower) since I don't want to rip out the shower wall and that is polished chrome.

It's hard to tell from the image of the mosaic tile, but the colors include a seaglass green-blue, ocean blue, seagrass green and white and gray veined marble tile. The marble in the mosaic coordinates nicely with the marble floor (see my post on laying out the marble tile to ensure an even distribution of primarily gray and primarily white tiles). 

---

The other day I completed the shower inlay using the above mosaic tile, so be sure to check back for the post on the entire process, from demo to sealing. You will also get a better image of the curtain panels that I hung and used as the shower curtain. I got this idea from Pinterest. It gives the bathroom a more formal, classy look, but the material and pattern of the panels keeps things from appearing too stuffy. Having the two panels flanking the shower also makes the room feel bigger since you get more visual space inside the shower.

Also, stay tuned for a post on the accessories that I will be using in this bathroom. 

-Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Can't wait to see the finished bathroom.

    ReplyDelete