Entertaining: Cousin's Christening

Is there a cuter color combo for a little girl than pink, brown and white? Is there? I don't think so!!!

My aunt, Annie, and her boyfriend, Doug, hosted a reception after their daughter McKenzie's christening on Sunday, and I just had to share some pictures. Annie had mentioned something a few months ago about putting together a candy stand for the party, but once I saw it in person, I couldn't stand how amazing it was. My other aunt Jodi is super talented in the craft department, and together they created a really beautiful display adorned with lots of pink textured and patterned ribbon.

(I know, I desperately need a good camera, and it doesn't start with an "iP...")


My aunt Jodi drew and cut out the letters by hand and glued the ribbon and bows on each container.
She seriously is so crafty.




These 2x2" favor boxes were super cute and filled with Hershey kisses. It was hard to tell even in person, but that is a brown box with white polka dots!




My aunt Annie filled these larger white boxes with candy and tied pink, brown and white balloons to them at each table. She also made up extra boxes so everyone could take their favorite candy home.


  A wardrobe change was in order for McKenzie from her lovely white gown to this super cute pink ruffled, polka dotted party dress with a coordinating pink cardigan.
The bow on the headband was about 2/3 the size of her head.


The candy stand was a huge hit for adults and kids alike. It definitely added some extra fun to the party!

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment